The Multipurpose Terminal Development Project is a prioritized project to help encourage various fields of agriculture, agroindustry, industry, trade, and especially for the export of such Cambodian agricultural products such as dried tapioca and dried bulk cargo, and to respond to the Royal Government market expansion strategy for milled rice export and to provide logistics service for the offshore oil exploration in the territory of Cambodian sea as well as for the economic growth of Cambodia.
1 - Main Facilities
- Multi-purpose terminal; Length: 330m and alongside depth: -13.50m
- Terminal for Oil Exploration Logistic Base: 200m and alongside depth: -7.50m
- Navigation Channel; Water depth: -12m, Length: 3,900m, Wide: 150m and total volume 1,800,000m3
- Dry bulk cargo storage yard: 28,000m2
- Coal Storage Yard: 13,000m2, General Cargo Storage Yard: 14,000m2 and other main port facilities.
This project uses (JICA) Japanese soft loan and started the construction process in early January 2015 and expected to be completed in July 2017.